Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
Be aware that mold may be present and may be a health risk for your family, if your home has water damage due to:
- Sewage back-up,
- Plumbing or roof leaks,
- Damp basements or crawl space,
- Overflows from sinks or bathtub, or
- High humidity: steam cooking, dryer vents, humidifiers.
Clean-up: Prevent mold and remove wet contents immediately. Wet
carpeting, furniture, bedding, and any other items holding
moisture or water inside the building can develop mold within
24 to 48 hours.
Contact David Brandt at 406-892-1717 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at http://floodco.net/